The city of Tijuana has recently become popular for the dental treatments they perform, becoming, according to the website of San Diego Red, the main recipient of medical tourism. The main treatments are: braces, dental implants, veneers (dental veneers Tijuana), etc…
What does a dentist do?
A dentist is a person who has completed studies in dentistry or stomatology, is responsible for the care and treatment of diseases related to the teeth and the functioning of the oral cavity. As in another area of health, there are ramifications or specialties focused on a specific topic.
In charge of processes of low complexity that do not require a more advanced procedure.
He is the one who carries out the treatments to children. As their anatomy is different from that of an adult, special care is required.
Responsible for the care of the vital tissues of the mouth and teeth.
One who is especially dedicated to the treatment of dental pulp (the one that keeps the tooth alive). The specialists of this area can work with deformities in the pulp, infections or inflammation of these.
He is in charge of diseases related to the anatomy of the face, jaws, teeth and oral cavity.
They solve anomalies that have to do with the position of the teeth, they are the only ones qualified for the implementation of brackets.
Why is it important to have good dental health?
The health in our oral cavity refers to a general well-being, a healthy mouth allows our daily activities such as: the eating process is carried out without any difficulty, speaking is more fluid because certain abnormalities can affect the phonetics of the person, that laughing does not cause the individual a feeling of grief and discontent due to dental problems. It is not only about the oral health but also about the aesthetic care since it is one of the first points of attention of the others to us.
Preventive dentistry allows, just as its name says, to prevent or avoid diseases that can significantly affect the health and appearance of the person. We can say that it promotes good care and good hygiene of the oral cavity. A good hygiene allows that no tartar is created (accumulation of remains of food and saliva, formed mainly in the edge of the gums) due to the excess of bacterial plaque (it is a layer in which bacteria accumulate, located in the area of the teeth).
Brush to prevent
Here are some tips that will allow you to get the most out of your toothbrush:
- Tilt the brush and start with up and down movements, covering the gums, the tooth and the junction between these two. Carry out this process in the whole mouth.
- In the upper part of the teeth, the movement is done horizontally.
- The brushing should not be fast, take your time to clean the mouth well, with an estimated time of two minutes.
- Gently brush the tongue several times.
- Continue with the mouthwash, look for those that are gentle for your mouth and that help you to allow the excess toothpaste that is deposited in the enamel of the teeth.
- And finally, use dental floss to clean the spaces between your teeth to make sure there are no food leftovers.
Constant visits to the dentist will allow your care to be more specified. Dentists and specialists perform different methods according to the patient’s needs.